Amazon Logistics’ parcel volumes have doubled, according to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Shipping Index 2020. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– #USPS still has the largest parcel volumes
– #Amazon has overtaken #FedEx
– Is it a true comparison, if Amazon mostly carries just its own parcels?
– Amazon carrying parcels for other e-commerce retailers
– Target and Walmart’s „me too” strategies in their marketplaces and delivery networks
– Amazon’s advantages in parcel delivery
– Price increases and surcharges (e.g. FedEx, UPS, USPS)
– Amazon’s out-of-home delivery capability
– Will Amazon and the US Postal Service become the two main parcel carriers in the USA?
– What about the regional parcel carriers?
– Amazon as a disruptor of the parcel business
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/