Singapore Post #SingPost is trialling a new smart letterbox for delivering mail and parcels to residential addresses. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss automation in the last mile, including:
– Growth in parcel volumes against a backdrop of falling letter volumes
– Is the machine too complex?
– Postal operators and the Universal Service Obligation
– Reducing costs in letter delivery
– Rising overheads
– Value-added letter services
– Are letters a commoditised service?
– Delivering letters and parcels to high-rise apartment blocks
– Making out-of-home parcel delivery convenient and attractive to customers
– Residential parcel lockers
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/last-mile-prophets/