Royal Mail recently announced plans to cut about 10,000 full-time staff positions over the coming 12 months. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– Royal Mail’s trading update
– „Rightsizing” the business… a euphemism for sacking people?
– #RoyalMail targeting „operational” roles for elimination
– Is this a precursor to Royal Mail engaging more delivery contractors?
– Has Royal Mail exhausted the efficiency gains to be made by reducing headcount at headquarters?
– Reducing the influence of unions?
– Restructuring last mile operations
– Shifting the discussion from pay and conditions to whether or not workers will have a job this time next year
– Post Office Ltd
– Delivery drones!
– Will the letters service be renationalised?
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/
Subscribe to the Daily Delivery Digest: http://www.thepostalhub.com/subscribe-daily-delivery-digest