Are Royal Mail and GLS edging closer towards a split? In this video, recorded before Royal Mail’s announcement that it will probably fire thousands of staff members over the coming 12 months, Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– International Distribution Services rebrand
– Royal Mail losing £1m per day
– GLS business supposedly worth £4bn
– Shareholder value
– GLS’s limited ability to help the Royal Mail business
– Would funds from a GLS sale be used to reinvigorate #RoyalMail?
– What would happen to GLS if private equity buys it?
– Royal Mail’s universal service obligation (USO)
– Would a separated Royal Mail push for changes to the USO?
– What would separation mean for relations and negotiations with the unions?
– Differing skill sets for running Royal Mail compared to GLS
– Why can La Poste (with DPDgroup / GeoPost) and Deutsche Post DHL function but Royal Mail can’t keep GLS?
We will return to the topic of Royal Mail’s fate in another video very soon, including some of the claims made about the impact of strike action.
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/
Subscribe to the Daily Delivery Digest: http://www.thepostalhub.com/subscribe-daily-delivery-digest