Royal Mail Group is considering separating its UK Royal Mail business from its GLS business. Royal Mail says it is losing £1 million per day, and if the situation doesn’t improve then it will look to separate the businesses. Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) discuss:
– What GLS is and how it fits into Royal Mail Group’s business
– Comparisons with DPDgroup and Deutsche Post DHL
– Royal Mail losing £1 million per day
– Changing the holding company name to International Distributions Services plc
– Why would Royal Mail and GLS be separated?
– Royal Mail and imminent CWU industrial action
– The competitive UK parcel delivery network
– GLS expansion outside Europe
– How might the CWU react to Royal Mail’s announcement?
And… what’s the deal with Ian’s t-shirt? If you know… you know!
Follow Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/
Subscribe to the Daily Delivery Digest: http://www.thepostalhub.com/subscribe-daily-delivery-digest