There is a looming (or is it current?) capacity crunch in the last mile in the USA. Analysis from Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast):
– Is the forecast shortfall of 7 million parcels fantasy or possibility?
– E-commerce fulfilment companies turning down new customers
– The current last mile capacity issue in the USA
– Lack of investment in the last mile
– Why haven’t carriers been investing in the last mile?
– Chinese investment in the last mile
– Parcel volumes from #SinglesDay compared to Western parcel volumes
– Who will take up the slack? PUDO networks?
– What will the role be for regional carriers?
– Multi-carrier policies for online retailers
– How will Amazon deal with a capacity crunch – including its Delivery Service Partner network in the USA
– Amazon Flex
– The opportunity for regional carriers
– Who will get their 15 minutes of fame?
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/last-mile-prophets/