The US Postal Service has awarded the contract for its next generation delivery vehicle. 🚘 And, like many recent #USPS decisions, it has attracted its share of controversy. Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) and Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) discuss the new delivery vans:
– Why did it take so long?
– USPS posties in dangerous vehicles that catch fire and lack safety equipment
– Size of the contract… and the size of the #USPS fleet
– Why one supplier instead of multiple vehicle suppliers?
– Alternatives to having an outside supplier: build it yourself, or customise an „off the shelf” solution
– No contractors will use the vehicle
– Limited resale possibility for vehicles at end-of-life
– Are these vehicles like the London „Routemaster” bus?
– Going electric
– Autonomous vehicles
– Pace of change in the last mile… will vehicles still be fit for purpose?
– How Amazon would respond to delivery 🚚 vehicles catching fire 🔥
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/