Is Amazon the dominant carrier in the USA? Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– Amazon has come from nowhere to be a top three player
– Leading parcel carriers in the US in terms of volume
– FedEx’s decision to end its ground delivery contract with Amazon
– UPS’s „better not bigger” policy
– Other carriers need to match Amazon in terms of customer experience
– Amazon Flex drivers collecting from retailers in malls
– What if Walmart and Target continue to build out their last mile capability?
– Amazon’s willingness to work with others, including its competitors
– Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA)
– Amazon subletting its warehouse space
– Is the heat coming out of e-commerce since the pandemic?
– Amazon’s shipping costs
– Amazon expanding its delivery reach into rural USA
– Unionisation at Amazon
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/