Polish media reported that DPD Poland is offering a lower price for to-door delivery than for delivery to parcel lockers. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– Is this just a „loss leader” for DPD Poland?
– Or is it a „highway to hell”?
– Delivery density for parcel lockers
– Quality of delivery (e.g. timeliness and delivery frequency)
– Volumes and economies of scale in the last mile
– DPD Poland’s out-of-home delivery network including parcel lockers
– Out-of-home delivery competition from Allegro and AliExpress
– Finding quality locations for parcel lockers
– Finding a niche to compete in the last mile, rather than competing head-to-head
– Superfast, fresh, and white glove delivery
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/