Amazon Prime members in 10 US markets shopping with one of four retailers will be eligible for same-day delivery. Is it a good idea? How will it work? Marek Różycki (Last Mile Prophets and ex-Amazon) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– How the same-day service will work
– Delivery from store
– Cost to the consumer… or even free for certain orders
– Why would a retailer partner with Amazon instead of a company like Instacart?
– Amazon seeking to get more parcels into its delivery network
– Density in the last mile
– Will deliveries be done via Amazon Flex or Amazon Delivery Service Partners (DSPs)?
– Is in-store pickup an efficient way to get parcels into the network?
– Click-and-collect – will there be a price incentive?
– Fulfilment by Amazon… or Delivered By Amazon?
– Amazon opening up its Amazon Logistics platform
– Amazon’s growing emissions
– Making pickup and delivery efficient
– Walmart and Target’s advantage over Amazon in having a bricks-and-mortar retail network
The areas include Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Las Vegas, Miami, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Seattle, and Washington D.C., and the four initial retailers involved are PacSun, GNC, SuperDry, and Diesel.
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/
Subscribe to the Daily Delivery Digest and receive all the latest delivery news headlines direct to your inbox: http://www.thepostalhub.com/subscribe-daily-delivery-digest