Amazon has announced Buy with Prime, which will extend Prime shopping to online stores other than Amazon. It will allow other retailers to offer an Amazon Prime-like experience at checkout. Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast) discuss:
– Why Buy With Prime is an extension of the marketplace concept
– Benefits of Prime in terms of increased sales
– What will it mean for parcel volumes?
– Who will carry the parcels? Will most parcels be carried by Amazon?
– Will third-party carriers or other marketplaces miss out?
– How much more data will retailers hand over?
– Making the Amazon Prime proposition more attractive
– Do postal operators need to take a greater interest in setting up a 3PL fulfilment business?
– The importance of customer experience in last mile delivery
– Risks to postal operators of offering low quality delivery experience
Want the Last Mile Prophets to run a workshop for you on Understanding Amazon in the last mile? Complete this form: http://www.thepostalhub.com/amazon-workshop
Follow the Last Mile Prophets on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/last-mile-prophets/