Amazon has hired two mobility experts – including a former Uber manager – to lead its e-bike team in New York City. Is this a sign that Amazon is going to expand its e-bike delivery capabilities?
– Amazon has about 200 pedal-assisted e-bikes in New York City already
– Bikes are used for deliveries from Whole Foods
– Marek’s experience delivering for Amazon in NYC
– What other major carriers do when delivering in metro NYC
– UPS cargo bikes
– Park-and-loop delivery
– Whole Foods stores, dark stores, and fulfilment centres located close to the customer
– Is manoeuvrability that big an advantage for cargo bikes?
Analysis from Marek Różycki (Last Mile Experts) and Ian Kerr (Postal Hub Podcast).
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/last-mile-prophets/