Find out more about
the Last Mile Experts
Last mile effectiveness, what’s it about?
Last Mile Experts is one of the very few specialist e-commerce last mile and CEP (courier, express & parcel) consultancies.
Our experts have joint experience of several hundred years in our specialist areas and real ”hands-on” knowledge in a broad spectrum of last mile related areas. While many of us have been consultants before, all of us are practitioners…and therefore the solutions we suggest have usually already been tried and tested by us before.
We are continually expanding our specialist capabilities and expertise into arguably the largest European network for a specialist consultancy in our area. Our focus allows us to offer industry best practice in even the most focused issues. In addition, we have relationships with many key suppliers of hardware and software for optimising sortation, middle and last mile courier and parcel logistics.
Our key activities have been in the M&A space, primarily for Private Equity, but also for industry players. We actively strive to support CEP and Postal operators in optimising their networks and providing a truly customer-centric service. Also, we seek to help e-commerce players and other key stakeholders to understand how important the “Last Mile” is in any click to deliver process and how best to co-operate with suppliers for mutual, and above all, customer benefit.
Last Mile Experts is a highly specialised consultancy focusing exclusively on all aspects of courier express parcel (CEP), postal and e-commerce last mile logistics. Our goal is to help CEP companies, postal operators, e-commerce players, potential investors or other stakeholders to improve their performance, operations, organisation and technology as well as strategy development or M&A.
We support you from beginning to end: from audit to strategy, design, implementation and even continuous improvement
we offer a rigorous and analytical review of your operations to uncover hidden pinch points and untapped opportunities
Mergers & Acquisitions
we support investors or carriers make some of the best deals in the industry
we apply leading-edge thinking to your operations, creating new options but always in tandem with you
Design & innovation
we help to design new systems, processes and infrastructure and are always ready to suggest innovative and disruptive ideas
we partner with you to take your business strategy from boardroom vision to on-the-ground reality
we develop your team and equip them with the skills to ensure that the improvements we make are sustainable
we can provide both quantitative and qualitative performance data on best-in-class business operations, customer service and market trends
we support implementation of best practices in pricing management to help our clients grow revenue and increase return on sales
IT project management
we support search, procurement and project management for development and implementation of bespoke applications for the CEP industry
Last Mile Experts is about:
is your key to success
At Last Mile Experts, we support our clients to develop, deliver and sustain competitive advantage across all critical business areas related to Courier Express Parcel, Postal and E-commerce last mile.
Our clients value practical and effective solutions that we offer them
Our core competence includes:
- Mergers & acquisitions including market reviews, pre-deal due diligence and post-deal advisory (especially for Private Equity)
- E-commerce last mile logistics including understanding Amazon and negotiating Amazon SLA’s
- Out of home last mile delivery including PUDO’s and APM’s/Lockers
- Audit and optimisation of last mile processes both „in house” and outsourced
- Electric Vehicles and photovoltaics
- Business operating models including cross-border
- Strategic planning and commercial proposition
- General or specific operations solutions
- Hardware and software selection and contract negotiation
- People and organisational development
- Courier remuneration systems best practice
- Interim management
- Research and benchmarking including mystery shopper surveys
- Support for last mile customers in identifying the best supplier/partner
- Support in negotiating the best SLA’s and commercial terms
- Strategic as well as operational p ricing and product portfolio management
Logistics consultancy in an international environment
Thanks to many years of work on international markets, our team has a vast network of contacts in courier companies, postal operators, manufacturers of hardware and software solutions.
The latest trends in logistics
Experience gained in global markets has given us great knowledge of the latest trends and solutions for optimizing CEP processes.